FUELISH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FUELISH

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton

Go down 
+2
Willis
Arran
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Arran

Arran

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton Empty
PostSubject: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:49 am

HI everyone, my name's Arran and I drive a mk2 Mazda 3 MPS in pearl white. Not had the car long but I love it. So quick and comfortable. It's a little under the weather atm after the missus hit a kerb in Beatties car park and removed the side skirt!

Used to drive a Clio 197, which was also a great car.

Anyway, here's some pics.

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton DSCF2835

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton DSCF2837

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton DSCF2841

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton DSCF2842

And my 197

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton DSCF2686

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton DSCF2789

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton DSCF2800

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton DSCF2799

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton DSCF2750
Back to top Go down
Willis
Admin
Willis

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:52 am

Bonjour Arran!!! Very Happy

That does look mean in white, have you got any goodies planned? Apart from the new sideskirt that is. Neutral

Loving the EVO sticker on the 197 too!!! How do the two compare? Have you had much chance to give the 3 some abuse yet?
Back to top Go down
https://fuelish.forumotion.co.uk
Arran

Arran

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:10 am

Not given it the same kind of thrashing I did the Clio just yet. I really need to take it round Wales in the summer and test it out. Round the roads locally it feels great. Handles amazingly for a big car. You just don't realise quite how fast you're going until you look down at the speedo. Gaining speed is so effortless and easy. The engine is much smoother too and the equipment on the car just make it such a nice place to be.

I was getting frustraited with the Clio, I wasn't always in the mood or in the situation to drive it how it wanted to be. The Mazda is just better all round.

Not got any plans for the MPS, I want to fit some LED sidelights to the front, but the ones I had fitted in the Clio aren't working in the MPS for some reason??? Other than that, thinking I might look in to a panel filter perhaps, but not looked in to it.
Back to top Go down
Willis
Admin
Willis

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:14 am

Sounds like a bit of a beast, I think they're quite understated considering what they're capable of.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the Clio, it's hard to drive them sensibly sometimes. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://fuelish.forumotion.co.uk
Talkwrench

Talkwrench

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am

Evening Arran

Some nice motors there, I've been intrigued before about these MPS jobbies, they do look very understated and with 2.3 litres of displacement I bet they can kick you in the arse pretty well, are they a 4 cylinder? Shame about the side skirt though I hope you took your missus home and sorted her out Mad and then told her off Very Happy

Anyway welcome aboard fella.

Andy
Back to top Go down
Arran

Arran

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes, 4 cylinder 2.3l turbo. 260 ps. It definitely goes some, but it's so different to the Clio in the way it feels. You don't realise how fast you are going, where as in the Clio even going 30 mph felt rapid because of the noise. It's a really nice car, not just the power but the way it feels inside and the kit it has. Much nicer place to be as a driver or passenger than the Clio.

Got to get the skirt sorted out, it's actually dented the sill in several places where the clips holding the skirt are. They eventually snapped off, but there is a few very small dents. You won't be seeing that part when the new skirt is on, but if I don't get them pulled out the skirt won't fit back on properly. So I think I'm going to take it to a body shop to have the dents done and the new skirt fitted for me. It's going to be dear though, the skirt, supplied only, pre painted, from Mazda, including VAT is £430!
Back to top Go down
BOOVY

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Lovely motor mate! I've heard these are rapido! Join us on a trackday at oulton park on Friday 20/1/12.
Back to top Go down
mikeogo

mikeogo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Welcome matey.....Nice piccies and motors...that background has a distinctly Welsh look about!
You'll have to join us on one of our outings to the EVO Triangle..good blast,good food,great company jocolor
Back to top Go down
Arran

Arran

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:40 am

mikeogo wrote:
Welcome matey.....Nice piccies and motors...that background has a distinctly Welsh look about!
You'll have to join us on one of our outings to the EVO Triangle..good blast,good food,great company jocolor

Yes, the pictures of the Clio are on a lay-by in Wales, not far from the triangle. It's right at the end of my absolutely favourite roads in the world. It's such a great drive and I really want to take the MPS there when the weather improves.
Back to top Go down
645coup

645coup

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:37 am

Hi Arron,

Nice motor and I like the cheeky bonnet vent. Does hit have a trick diff like the ford focus?
Back to top Go down
Arran

Arran

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:45 am

Yes, it's got an lsd with tourque restriction on first & second. Plus the usual traction control tricks. It does pull a little under full throttle, but no more than my 197 did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton   Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from White 3 MPS owner in Wolverhampton
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FUELISH :: Site Related :: New Members-
Jump to: